Thursday, December 4, 2008

Has it finally come? The phone I have been waiting for!

Its been a long time.

I remember the day clearly, after getting a crappy Nokia 6280 as part of a 'take it or leave it' insurance deal from the lovely Vodafone, I decided that 2 months of series 40 crapness was enough and I needed a damn smartphone again. Luckily the n95 had just been launched, and I was more than prepared to go into the 'I know I could get this a lot cheaper in 2 months' crippling contract.

I never looked back. It was the best phone of my life. But, like anything, the love affair waned. The little annoyances stopped me playing with the deeper recesses, loading a multitude of new software till I had to wipe it all and start again.

It became the workhorse, the little phone that could. It was my little digital everything, but its looking old.

So I began the slow process of getting a better phone. But that was the problem. It had to be better than what I had.

I want a big screen. The browsing on my n95 is a bit too small to be fun.

Sweet, i'll get an iphone. That interface looks awesome and... oh.. wait.. shit..
  • Uhh what do you mean I HAVE to install iTunes.
  • Uhh.. no.. video
  • what's with the crappy camera, mine is so much better
  • you lock what down with the what now? OK.. fuck you.
So no iPhone then.

Ohh.. that Samsung Omnia looks cool. Can I have a play with it... oh.. yeah. Thats not really what I am looking for at all. I want a true smartphone.. something to play with.

The G1? Uhh.. its a bit.. yeah. Not really hey. I mean i really like what they are doing, but its still so limited. Wheres my n95 worthy kickass camera

And then I hear about this n95 doozy. Sure its a crappy CG promo, but fuck me. With these specs I am actually thing I have found the replacement.





All the reports have been awesome but I'm still a teeny bit skeptical about the browser. But perhaps thats because it isnt quite there yet. But in 6 months, my contract will be out, and it will be time to buy a ridiculously priced N95 widescreen qwerty monster on steroids.

No comments: