This is classic daily show moment of zen. Revel in the delicious irony of a Fox newsreader making a complete fool of themselves.
Moment of Zen - when the stupidity of the news needs no accompaniment.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
I had high hopes for Trillian Astra . At a glance i thought I may have found true synergy. I want something that combines all my status updates and instant messaging into one little package.
However after trialling it I found that again, it still doesn't do all the things I wasn't out of these clients.
- Combines all my twitter and Facebook status updates in the one place
- Has awesome sleek visual interface
- great unified notification system with excellent visibility of updates. But...
- MSN, ICQ
- access to my GMail and Facebook inbox
- No Facebook chat - I really need Facebook chat in a client
- Twitter interface is awful - reply is hard to read and treats twitter like an instant messaging conversation. It really needs a separately styled interface for twitter/facebook status updates.
- Annoyances - cant click a link directly from a notification window or from users history. Come on, this is the internet. You can't even copy and paste the tweets. You must be able to do better than that Guys
I think the basic problem is that Cerulian Studios have tried to squeeze twitter into the instant messaging model.
But really, thats not what its for for me.
Looks like I will have to keep my crazy round robin of messaging clients until I find something that truly does it all. Til then is a constant flirt with Meebo for instant messaging, a bevy of twitter clients, and occasionally Digsby Tweetdeck, Twhirl, and occasionally Digsby to try and find the eternal combination.
I just hope one day that I can finally see all my stuff in the same place, in real time.
Some kind of messaging hybrid craziness.
All I really want is an:
- awesome functional twitter client combined with;
- awesome functional IM client (including Facebook);
- the ablity to read all my news feeds in one place (twitter, facebook etc.) but most importantly
- It has to work